Just so you know........

I have dyslexia, so you may find words misspelled, reversed, or even missing occasionally. I am doing the best I can so please don't hold it against me!!!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

SOUL SISTA


We have been so fortunate in our journey to parenthood; we have life long friends from each adoption. The Cook and Bickley families from 2005, the Sakryd and Arail families from 2007. We all have shared the moment we touched our children for the first time and trails that come with the first few days....resulting in an everlasting connection and friendship. We also have friends that we met the day of orientation at CCAI that are still waiting to bring home Lacey. In the world of adoption you meet many women that have unspoken strength and passion for orphaned children..but my friend Becky is one of the strongest in the group! I am so ashamed for complaining about our 1 year total wait for my sons when she has been waiting for more that three years. There has been times when she has shown fear and maybe disbelief that she will ever hold her daughter, but not often. We have spent many hours day dreaming together about the special moments in our futures. What will Lacey's personality be and will she be a girly girl or shy? You know all the things we waiting Mothers ponder. She supported me when everyone thought I was nuts for knowing Dang Zhi Kang was my son and would be part of the Davis Tribe. She is one loving mother to her Jacob (McKenna and Tommy's best buddy), she nevers backs down from the road blocks in front of her son......and it shows!! Her husband is on of Chris's best friends they can hang out for hours, they are a lot alike. We are on lucky family for having such supportive and fun friends.

1 comment: